Saona Island is the largest islands around Dominican Republic, and the country’s most visited tourist destination, more than a million people enjoy its beaches every year.
After picking you up in the city of Santo Domingo accompanied by a professional guide we will take you to Bayahibe beach, where the real adventure begins, right there we will board speedboats or a Catamaran towards Saona Island.
During the trip, you will also have the opportunity to observe the exuberant tropical beauty of this extensive protected area, full of coconut trees and white sand, natural monuments, and all the fauna surrounding it.
Before arriving at the magnificent Saona Island, we will visit an exotic sandbar known as “La Piscina Natural” [The Natural Swimming Pool] or “Palmilla.” It is so called due to its shallow depth of about 1 meter and its enchanting crystalline waters which are the preferred living place of the beautiful starfishes. Right there we will make a delightful toast for this tropical dream located 400 meters from the coast in the middle of the sea.
Dreamy beaches and crystal clear waters
During our trip, we will be able to observe other charming places of the island, such as the Catuano canal, the old Catuano pier and its fishes.
We will arrive at the famous Saona Island, where we will be able to enjoy its dreamy beaches and calm crystal clear waters together with fine white sand and the gentle breeze of the coconut trees. Here, you will also be able to take a walk during our approximately 3 hours’ stay.
The tour’s price includes local drinks, as well as a delicious barbecue lunch right next to the beach. You will also be able to enjoy a rich seafood pasta, salads, fruits, fish, chicken and rice. Do not miss the opportunity to walk around the island and enjoy a delicious swim in this tropical paradise.
At the end of our stay on Saona Island, our return trip will be aboard a big sailing catamaran. Here, the drinks are equally included and you will have the opportunity to lie comfortably on the boat’s nets in front of the beautiful tonalities of the Caribbean Sea, or to attend dance classes for our characteristic tropical rhythms, such as Merengue, Bachata and Salsa.
We will finish the tour by arriving at the Bayahibe port around 5:00 p.m., and our buses will take you back to Santo Domingo.
- Strategic point at Colonial Zone.
- Full day.
- Roundtrip transportation from Santo Domingo.
- Speedboats and catamaran transportation.
- Buffet style lunch on the island.
- Open bar for local drinks, including water, soda, beer and local rum.
- Government taxes.
- Expert guide.
What to bring:
- Comfortable clothes.
- Insect repellent.
- Flips flops.
- Hat or cap.
- Cash for souvenirs
- Passengers with age between 3-11 are considered as children for payment.
- Pregnant women and disable people please get in touch with our customer service department before booking this tour.
- Please, do not remove the starfish from the water. Even though it is a very common practice for photographers, do not be part of the problem and allow the starfish to continue living and decorate this beautiful beach.
- Best Vacations Tours altogether with its service providers holds the right to modify the itinerary of this tour if it’s necessary to ensure the safety and enjoyment of our customers.
- All cancellations must be made at least 24 hours before the tour begins. Customers who do not show up at the meeting point at the scheduled time shall be charged a 100% penalty.