Truck Safari- Bayahibe/ La Romana
We want to invite you to one of our most popular tours; it’s a cultural tour in which you will have the opportunity to enjoy beautiful landscapes and live unique experiences proper of the inhabitants of the Dominican countryside.
In our Safari Truck tour we will take you to enjoy incredible experiences in the rural areas of Bayahibe and HigüeyTrapiche”, extracting Molasses and Linseed from sugarcane to be transformed into the best Dominican rum.
During our tour, you will also have the opportunity to know the whole process of tobacco growing and appreciate how the best tobacco that has been used to make the finest cigars from around the world is been prepared.
Halfway through our trip you can also visit a typical house in the region and meet a Dominican family that will show you the traditional way of producing the best roasted coffee and organic cocoa that you will ever be able to taste, as well as this beautiful experience we will invite you to give a horseback ride in rural areas to reach the Anamuya River where you can enjoy a refreshing swim in its waters.
By noon we will continue our journey aboard of our safari trucks and climb to the top of the Anamuya Mountain.
Before finalizing our tours, of course, we will make a brief walk through the town of Higüey; here we will visit the local market, visit the historic church of San Dionisio and of course a mandatory visit to the cathedral Nuestra Señora De La Altagracia, the abode of the patron of the Dominican people.
After leaving the cathedral, our trucks will wait for us to take us to our hotel.
A tour you cannot miss!
- Your hotel’s lobby or any established area
- Full day.
- Round trip transportation from your hotel.
- Admissions to attractions
- Professional guide
- Horseback riding
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- Creole lunch buffet-style
What to bring:
- Comfortable clothes
- Comfortable shoes
- Insect repellent
- Cap or hat
- Cash for purchases
The tour takes place:
- From Monday to Saturday
- To enter the cathedral it is necessary to cover your knees and shoulders.
- Passengers with age between 3-11 are considered as children for payment.
- Pregnant women and disable people please get in touch with our customer service department before booking this tour.
- Best Vacations Tours altogether with its service providers holds the right to modify the itinerary of this tour if it’s necessary to ensure the safety and enjoyment of our customers.
- All cancellations must be made at least 24 hours before the tour begins. Customers who do not show up at the meeting point at the scheduled time shall be charged a 100% penalty.