We invite you to a completely different and fantastic tour!
Dominican Republic is much more than beautiful beaches. Our island’s biodiversity is unique and varied, so we can offer you a great variety of adventures with different contrasts, and our Fun Truck Safari is no doubt one of them.
Join us in this fantastic adventure through our Dominican Republic Northeast. We will complete an interesting journey on one of our safari trucks visiting sugar cane plantations where you will be able to learn this industry’s history, as well as learn about the process of extracting different products from sugar cane, such as sugar, rum and molasses.
During this tour, you will also get to know the simplicity in which the Dominican peasants live in their humble and picturesque houses living from the cattle and working the land. In this amazing trip, we will also visit a rural school we sponsor for you to interact with the children of the area. You will also be able to visit a typical house of the area where you will be able to learn first-hand the Dominican’s idiosyncrasies, and where you will also be able to appreciate and taste delicious organic coffee and cocoa, and fresh fruits harvested in the farmers’ lands.
We will visit the small town of Bayaguana, which belongs to the Monte Plata province, one of the most fertile and full of livestock provinces of our island. Here, we will enjoy a short walk on its streets and visit the Santo Cristo de Bayaguana sanctuary, the local market and a cigar factory, where you will be able to gather information on the method used by Dominicans to roll one of the best cigars in the world.
We will continue our journey through picturesque villages and the magnificent tropical hills towards the amazing Salto Alto waterfall of Sierra de Agua, where swimming in the crystal clear water is an unparalleled experience.
In our tour, we also include a delicious peasant lunch in which you will have the opportunity to savor tasty dishes prepared in our fields and cooked on a stove.
Our professional guide will make sure you enjoy this excursion and that the same is an experience you will never forget. During the afternoon, we will start our trip back to your hotel.
- Your hotel’s lobby or some stipulated area
- Full day
- Professional guide
- Admissions to attractions
- Water, soda, rum and beer
- Round trip transportation
- Free time to enjoy the waterfall
What to bring
- Comfortable clothes
- Comfortable shoes
- Insect repellent
- Hat or cap
- Cash to purchase souvenirs
The tour takes place:
- Monday, Thursday and Saturday
- Passengers with age between 3-11 are considered as children for payment
- Pregnant women and disable people please get in touch with our customer service department before booking this tour.
- Best Vacations Tours altogether with its service providers holds the right to modify the itinerary of this tour if it’s necessary to ensure the safety and enjoyment of our customers.
- All cancellations must be made at least 24 hours before the tour begins. Customers who do not show up at the meeting point at the scheduled time shall be charged a 100% penalty.