Enjoy a unique ecological and cultural tour in Dominican Republic.
Best Vacations Tours invites you to visit and explore this amazing national park which is highly important in the culture and history of our ancestors.
Our guides will pick you up in comfortable and modern buses, then we’ll take you to the community of Sabana de la Mar, along the way you’ll see wonderful landscapes and the cultural diversity of rural communities, this communities are inhabited by Dominicans and Haitians alike. After arriving at the pier we’ll board speedboats that will take us to the center of the national park and protected area of our island.
Haitises means highland or mountain range in the Taíno language of our aboriginal ancestors even though the height of these impressive cays are approximately 30 or 40 meters high.
During our tour we’ll visit caves with hieroglyphics and rock art made by the Taínos, as well as lagoons and mangrove forests, where you’ll be able to observe an enormous amount of plants, birds and animals.
Among the places we will visiting in Los Hatises we can mention Cueva De La Arena, Cayo Los Pajaros, Cueva De San Andres, the old La Perla Harbor and The San Lorenzo bay.
After this fascinating experience, we’ll return to the pier and then go to Caño Hondo, a paradise hidden in the middle of the park, here you can enjoy a delicious lunch and free time to relax in a spa, which consists of 7 natural pools fed by the waters of the Jibales River, this in an experience that nobody should ever miss.
Upon finishing this incredible experience you will be taken back to the bus and then return to your hotel in Boca Chica or Juan Dolio.
!This is true eco-tourism!
- Your hotel’s lobby or some established area
- Full day
- Round trip transportation
- Professional guide
- Marine transport
- Buffet-style lunch
- Soft drinks
- Free time in Caño Hondo spa
- Government taxes
What to bring:
- Comfortable clothes.
- Insect repellent (very important).
- Hat or cap.
- Cash for souvenirs.
The tour takes place:
- This tour is also available every day for groups of 6 or more people, please check availability with our customer service department.
- Pregnant women and disable people please get in touch with our customer service department before booking this tour.
- Passengers with age between 3-11 are considered as children for payment.
- Best Vacations Tours altogether with its service providers holds the right to modify the itinerary of this tour if it’s necessary to ensure the safety and enjoyment of our customers.
- All cancellations must be made at least 24 hours before the tour begins. Customers who do not show up at the meeting point at the scheduled time shall be charged a 100% penalty.