Join us and discover a city that’s full of colors, flavors, joy and hospitable people.
Santo Domingo is the capital of the Dominican Republic, the first city founded on the continent, after the discovery of America in 1492.
Our tour begins visiting the national park Los Tres Ojos, a cavernous complex that has three magnificent underground lakes, it was used by the Tainos to carry out their religious cults.
Afterwards you’ll enjoy a panoramic view of the Columbus Lighthouse, where the remains of the discoverer of America, Admiral Cristóbal Colón rest, this place is also a museum where thousands of historical pieces are preserved from the time of discovery and colonization.
You’ll see the modern part of the city, crossing the famous Malecón of Santo Domingo and making a stop at the front of the Presidential Palace, where you can take some photos of this important renaissance style construction.
Later, we’ll take you to the old part of Santo Domingo, the Colonial City, there you’ll see the National Pantheon, where the founders of our fatherland and other important icons of the Republic rest. The Colonial Zone in the city of Santo Domingo was chosen as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1990.
The old town is undoubtedly a place that deserves to be visited, it is a place where important monuments and buildings are still very well preserved, it is also the most cultural and historic part of the city. It has the oldest buildings in the new world, it also has a lot of museums. The colonial atmosphere streets and alleys which are still built purely in stone will give you a glimpse of the old times, in which the city was inhabited by the most emblematic Spanish conquerors, such as Christopher Columbus, Diego Colon, Francisco Pizarro, Hernan Cortes, Nicolás de Ovando among others.
With the company of our professional guides you will be able to walk on Calle Las Damas, the first street created in the new world, one that still has many buildings of those times, a few of those being the first cathedral of America, called Santa Maria La Menor and the amazing Alcazar de Colon. You can also visit the Plaza de España, the San Francisco ruins and Nicolás de Bari hospital, as well as contemplating the panoramic views of the Ozama fortress and the Atarazana.
During this tour you’ll have the opportunity to visit history museums as well as the museums of Amber and Larimar to see these precious stones that are only found in the Dominican Republic, as well as enjoying a drink to reduce the heat of the day in one of the beautiful bars in the area.
Almost at the end of our tour you’ll have free time for shopping and purchaseing gifts that include handicrafts, Dominican paintings, as well as tobacco, rum and Dominican coffee, at the end of this interesting and culturally enriching tour we’ll take you back to your hotel in Boca Chica or Juan Dolio.
!A journey through time!
- Your hotel’s lobby or some stablished area.
- Half day
- Roundtrip transportation from your hotel.
- Admissions to attractions and visited monuments
- Professional guide
- Time for shopping
What to bring
- Comfortable clothes.
- Confortable shoes.
- Hat or cap
- Cash for souvenirs
The tour takes place:
- Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
- To enter the cathedral it is necessary to cover your knees and shoulders.
- This tour is also available every day for groups of 6 or more people, please check availability with our customer service department.
- Passengers with age between 3-11 are considered as children for payment.
- Disable people please get in touch with our customer service department before booking this tour.
- Best Vacations Tours altogether with its service providers holds the right to modify the itinerary of this tour if it’s necessary to ensure the safety and enjoyment of our customers.
- All cancellations must be made at least 24 hours before the tour begins. Customers who do not show up at the meeting point at the scheduled time shall be charged a 100% penalty.