We want you to join us in this wonderful tour through this beautiful city, specifically in the town of La Romana, it will be a short but very rewarding tour which will put you in touch with the culture and part of the history of the Dominicans.
We will go with you to see invaluable art and archeology of the Tainos. At the Regional Archaeological Museum, you will see countless invaluable pieces that capture the history and art left behind by the Tainos, who were the first inhabitants of the island before the arrival of the Europeans.
There’s nothing like being able to witness the majesty that surrounds the village of Altos De Chavón. Altos De Chavón is a replica of an Italian medieval villa designed and built by the Italian Roberto Coppa, following the orders of Charles Bludhorn, president of the North American company that owns these lands. The villa was built in the early 80’s, and we can appreciate several buildings of medieval style among which are the amphitheater and the church of San Estanislao.
Then we’ll continue until reaching La Flor Dominicana, which is a mini factory-museum where expert cigar workers are going to teach you the right way to produce a cigar.
After that, we’ll visit the Jumbo shopping center, the largest and most complete in the city where you can stock up on a number of local products that are requested by tourists to take as a gift, among them we can mention Mama Juana, Coffee, body creams, and spices.
The tour and cultural enrichment will continue by visiting the historic town of La Romana, a town rich in history that in the last century was known worldwide for its great production of sugar. In this place you can find and see the world’s largest sugar mill. Sugar is still produced here to supply the national and international market. We scheduled a short walk through the streets of the town just to marble at its murals and all the works of the world-famous master metalworker Jose Ignacio Morales.
Afterwards our visit to this folkloric village is complete, we’ll visit a second gift shop where you can find a number of gifts to give your friends and family as a souvenir of the Dominican Republic.
At the end of the tour we’ll make a visit to “La Matilda” and “La Estancia” museums, factory and cigar stores. There you can learn first-hand the method to enlist the best cigars in the region and you can find as well an excellent price for original and high-quality cigars which are the perfect gift for some special person.
- Your hotel’s lobby or some stablished area.
- Half a day
- Roundtrip transportation from your hotel.
- Admissions to attractions and visited monuments
- Professional guide
- Time for shopping
- Soft drinks
What to bring
- Comfortable clothes.
- Confortable shoes.
- Hat or cap
- Cash for souvenirs
The tour takes place:
- Monday, Thursday and Saturday
- Passengers with age between 3-11 are considered as children for payment.
- Disable people please get in touch with our customer service department before booking this tour.
- Best Vacations Tours altogether with its service providers holds the right to modify the itinerary of this tour if it’s necessary to ensure the safety and enjoyment of our customers.
- All cancellations must be made at least 24 hours before the tour begins. Customers who do not show up at the meeting point at the scheduled time shall be charged a 100% penalty.