Catalina Island – Santo Domingo
We will pick you up on one of our convenient and modern buses in Santo Domingo to take you to our starting point in “La Marina” of La Romana city in just 1 and a half hour.
Our entertainment team will be waiting to give you a warm welcome as an introduction to the fantastic adventure that we are about to start.
Then we will travel to the east side of Catalina Island where we anchor in the coral reef known as “La Pared” (The Wall). Here, you will get lifejackets if you require them and you can also snorkeling and admire the wide variety of fishes and beautiful coral reefs that exist in this charming place. You will have a little less than 1 hour for snorkeling with incredible visibility.
During your visit to “La Pared,” you can admire incredible species such as; vase sponges, fire corals, sea feathers, sea cucumbers, sea fan corals, black coral, Elkhorn coral, leather coral, hedgehog fish, sailfin scorpion, green parrot, clownfish among others.
Then, we will continue our trip to the Caribbean coast of the Catalina Island, 10 square km of beautiful white sand beaches surrounded by the crystal-clear blue waters of the Caribbean. The island was named “Santa Catalina” by Christopher Columbus, who visited it on his second trip in May 1494.
Snorkeling in Catalina Island
Here the sea is amazingly clear, and the beach has excellent white sand, on the island you can also use your snorkeling equipment, and glimpse the underwater world of Catalina, or enjoy its exuberant palm trees and crystal-clear waters.
Right in Catalina Island, you can also taste a delicious buffet-style lunch based on fresh fish caught that same morning, grilled meats, salads, rice, pasta and fruits from the region.
The rest of the afternoon will be yours, where you can relax by listening to the waves lapping against the shoreline, snorkeling in the crystal-clear waters or enjoy our bar with a cool breeze and the scenery on the ocean.
At mid-afternoon, we start our way back to the loading bay where you will find the bus waiting to take you back to your hotel.
!Catalina island is amazing!
- Your hotel’s lobby or some established area
- Full day
- Round trip transportation.
- Professional guide.
- Marine transport.
- Snorkeling equipment.
- Buffet-style lunch.
- Open bar local drinks.
- Government taxes
What to bring:
- Comfortable clothes.
- Insect repellent.
- Flips flops.
- Hat or cap.
- Cash for souvenirs.
The tour takes place:
- Monday, Thursday, and Saturday
- A minimum of 6 people is required to book this tour.
- Pregnant women and disable people please get in touch with our customer service department before booking this tour.
- Best Vacations Tours altogether with its service providers holds the right to modify the itinerary of this tour if it’s necessary to ensure the safety and enjoyment of our customers.
- All cancellations must be made at least 24 hours before the tour begins. Customers who do not show up at the meeting point at the scheduled time shall be charged a 100% penalty.