We begin our adventure after pick you up in one of our comfortable and modern buses at your hotel in Boca Chica or Juan Dolio, it will be a lovely trip through beautiful landscapes and fields of sugarcane through the east highway, in just 1 hour we’ll reach our starting point at the dock, then we’ll start our boat tour to the beautiful Catalina Island.
Our entertainment team will be waiting for you, to offer you a warm welcome into our boat, then we will head to the east side of Catalina Island where we’ll anchor at the coral reef known as “La Pared”. Here you’ll be able to receive a lifevest if necessary and you’ll have the option to practice snorkeling, admire the great variety of fishes and the beautiful corals of this interesting place, you’ll have a little less than 1 hour to enjoy snorkeling with such amazing views.
During the snorkeling section you’ll be able to see beautiful marine species as: vase sponges, fire corals, sea lilies, sea cucumbers, sea fans, black corals, Elkhorn corals, leather corals, hedgehog fishes, sailfin scorpions, green parrotfishes, among many others.
Later we will continue our journey, bordering the entire north coast of the island which has 9.5 square kilometers of pure white sand beaches surrounded by crystalline blue waters of the Caribbean Sea.
Catalina Island was baptized as “Santa Catalina” by Christopher Columbus, who visited it in May 1494 during his second trip, the inhabitants of the island called “Tainos” used to call it “Toeya”; although it is also known by other names those are not very common, like: Ikita or Serena Key.
The island is part of Cotubanamá National Park, which is a protected area and in which there is no human settlement, the surroundings of the island are very well known in the world of scuba diving as it has beautiful and incredible reefs to dive in, in this area you can also see several shipwrecks including the most famous of them all, the shipwreck of the English pirate, Captain Kid, all this attractions make the Catalina island on of the best places to practice Scuba Diving and Snorkeling in Dominican Republic.
There the sea is crystal clear and the beach is made of pure white sand. On the island you can use your snorkeling equipment and admire the underwater species of Catalina Island, or simply enjoy its lush palm trees and the relaxing atmosphere the island offers.
In our tour you’ll have a delicious lunch buffet based on grilled fresh fish and meats, salads, pasta, rice and fruits of the region.
The rest of the afternoon will be yours to enjoy in your own way, whether it is relaxing yourself while listening to the waves breaking on the shore, snorkeling in the crystal clear waters or enjoying our bar and the cool breeze along with the gorgeous landscapes around you, at the middle of the afternoon we’ll start our way back to the dock where our bus will be waiting to take you back to your hotel, after a beautiful day at the beach.
- You hotel’s lobby or some previously established area
- Full day
- Roundtrip transportation
- Professional guidance
- Marine transport
- Equipment for snorkeling
- Buffet lunch
- Open bar full of local drinks
- Professional tour animators
- Government taxes
What to bring:
- Comfortable clothes.
- Insect repellent.
- Flips flops.
- A hat or cap
- Cash for souvenirs
The tour takes place:
- Monday, Thursday and Saturday.
- This tour is available every day except Sunday for groups of 6 or more people, please check availability with our customer service department.
- Passengers between 3 and 11 years of age are considered as children in this tour and will pay as one.
- Pregnant women and people with any physical disabilities, please contact our customer service center before booking for our tour.
- Best Vacations Tours altogether with its service providers holds the right to modify the itinerary of this tour if it’s necessary to ensure the safety and enjoyment of our customers.
- All cancellations must be made at least 24 hours before the tour begins, customers who do not show up at the meeting point at the previously established time will be charged with a 100% penalty.