In this tour we promise you an incredible experience, here you can learn the art of making the best cigars in the world from expert masters cigarreros, you will also have the opportunity to learn the cave art practiced by our first settlers, the Tainos Indians.
You can see all this art in the hundreds of pieces exhibited in the Regional Archaeological Museum, and as if this were not enough you will also have the excellent opportunity to breathe pure baseball visiting the Francisco A. Michelli stadium, the house of the Toros del Este, the stadium where great baseball stars have paraded.
After the pick-up at your hotel our first stop will be at the Francisco A. Micheli stadium, home of Los Toros Del Este, here you will learn the history of the Dominicans who have entered the Major Leagues.
Our expert guide will be responsible for telling the story after the flourishing of the province of La Romana and the prosperity enjoyed by Altos de Chavón adorned with rich tropical gardens and buildings of great architectural value.
You will also have the opportunity to visit the “La Matilda” museum to learn all about the Dominican tobacco considered one of the finest in the world; you will also enjoy a walk through the “La Flor Dominicana” tobacco factory to see how the finest Dominican cigars are made.
Visit Altos de Chavón, a village of artists recreating what was once the Mediterranean bohemian life of the 16th century, in this place you can visit and see the Altos de Chavón Amphitheater, it’s a replica of a Roman-style amphitheater and it has been the stage of great stars in the world of music including the great Frank Sinatra who inaugurated this fantastic amphitheater.
Then we will continue our journey aboard a barge on the Rio Chavón which has been scenario of multiple international films such as Rambo II, Apocalypse Now, Anaconda among others, here we can enjoy a delicious and succulent lunch accompanied by a delicious lobster.
Before finalizing our adventure we will take a path of spiritual pilgrimage going to the Higüey Basilica home of the holy patron of the Dominican people, La Virgen de la Altagracia. This cathedral it’s a work of architecture that is worth visiting and if you are a faithful Believer, don’t miss the opportunity to appreciate this sanctuary that has become a pilgrimage destination for millions of believers around the world.
- Your hotel’s lobby or any established area
- Full day.
- Round trip transportation from your hotel.
- Admissions to attractions
- Professional guide
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks
- Lunch buffet-style with lobster
What to bring:
- Comfortable clothes
- Comfortable shoes
- Insect repellent
- Cap or hat
- Cash for purchases
The tour takes place:
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- To enter the cathedral it is necessary to cover your knees and shoulders.
- Passengers with age between 3-11 are considered as children for payment.
- Pregnant women and disable people please get in touch with our customer service department before booking this tour.
- Important note, from March 1st to June 30th shrimp will be served instead of lobster to respect the breeding season.
- Best Vacations Tours altogether with its service providers holds the right to modify the itinerary of this tour if it’s necessary to ensure the safety and enjoyment of our customers.
- All cancellations must be made at least 24 hours before the tour begins. Customers who do not show up at the meeting point at the scheduled time shall be charged a 100% penalty.