Cumayasa Buggies Excursion – Santo Domingo
Join us in this adventure full of emotions where you will be able to drive your own Buggy through the beautiful, lush forests surrounding the Cumayasa area.
- The Single price option is for one person, without having to share the equipment with anyone else.
- The Shared price option means that two people will share the equipment, taking turns to drive
Cumayasa Buggies Tour
Get ready to enjoy this tour full of pure adrenaline and fun traveling through incredible dry forest scenarios in the Cumayasa community!
The adventure begins when you are picked up directly at your hotel in Santo Domingo to be taken to our ranch in the Cumayasa community, the starting point for our Cumayasa Buggies tour.
It will be a funny journey of approximately 3 hours long driving through forests and visiting exotic and historical places within the area, such as La Cueva La Iglesia [The Church Cave] the caliche mine, Batey Las Tumbas and Cumayasa Beach.
After receiving the relevant safety instructions, you will be able to feel the adrenaline as you explore the authentic Dominican peasant life. Step on the accelerator and discover how much fun and excitement these incredible machines can provide while observing beautiful and interesting landscapes.
Discover beautiful places in the Cumayasa area
During this tour our buggies guarantee you maximum fun and the opportunity to know more about the living conditions on this rural area of the Dominican Republic.
We will visit the impressive “La Iglesia” cave, where our guides will offer you a brief explanation about this beautiful creation done by Mother Nature. This is a site you cannot miss!
After we continue having fun on the buggies, we will stop at Batey Las Tumbas, a small town where the sugarcane fields’ workers live in with their families, mostly Haitian immigrants.
Here, you will have the opportunity to interact with children from this Batey and observe their true living conditions.
Using our buggies at all times, we will arrive at the beautiful Cumayasa beach, where you will be able to enjoy a bath in its refreshing blue crystal clear waters.
Water and Coca-Cola will be offered in the cave and on the beach, but they will be available at all times.
At the end of this fabulous, interesting and fun ride, you will be able to enjoy fresh fruits at our Cumayasa ranch, and take a look at the different typical products of our country, which will be offered in our small souvenir shop.
- Your hotel’s lobby or some stipulated area
- Half day.
- Roundtrip transportation from your hotel.
- Dune Buggy equipment.
- 2 and a half hours’ trip on buggies.
- Professional guide.
- Security equipment.
- Fresh fruits.
- Water and soda
What to bring:
- Comfortable shoes.
- Clothing that can get wet and dirty.
- Change of clothes for the way back.
- Insect repellent.
- Handkerchief or bandana to protect your face from dust.
- Cash for shopping in case you need it
The tour takes place:
- A minimum of 6 people is required to book this tour.
- 2 years minimum age to participate as a passenger in this tour.
- People under the influence of alcohol, drugs or strong medications cannot take part of this tour.
- Pregnant women and physically disabled people, please contact our customer service center before booking this tour.
- Best Vacations Tours altogether with its service providers holds the right to modify the itinerary of this tour if it’s necessary to ensure the safety and enjoyment of our customers.
- All cancellations must be made at least 24 hours before the tour begins. Customers who do not show up at the meeting point at the scheduled time shall be charged a 100% penalty.